Small business cyber security means a lot of different things to different people. To some, it’s simply a matter of installing virus protection software on devices such as desktop computers and mobile devices.
However, effective SMB cyber security requires addressing multiple categories to keep your business safe from the ever growing, wide range of cyber threats. These include:
- Endpoint security
- Network security
- Application security
- Information security
- Operational security (a.k.a. Procedural security)
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Employee education
Defensor, from Fortis, is a comprehensive solutions suite, specifically formulated to cover all of these categories.
Ransomware & Malware Protection
According to a recent study, 1 in 323 emails sent to small businesses are malicious. Phishing is the most common way for hackers to infiltrate your company’s network.
Criminals disguise emails or text messages as a reputable business or as a trusted individual to capture confidential company information, such as usernames, passwords, or financial information.
A ransomware attack encrypts all your files. The perpetrator then requires payment of a ransom for you to recover your data. It’s critical you are protected from these attacks. Defensor monitors behavior patterns to detect all types of malware, not just ransomware.
Defensor significantly reduces your business’s exposure to malware. It decreases the chances that your employees will open phishing emails. Here’s how this is accomplished:
- Advanced endpoint protection secures workstations & laptops
- Real-time detection and elimination of ransomware
- Blocking of malicious link & websites protects employees on the internet
- The ability to restore data if unauthorized changes/deletions are made
Cyber Security Awareness Training
It’s critical to teach your employees how to avoid being tricked by hackers.
60% of small businesses cite employee negligence as the cause of data breaches. In fact, the Keeper Security/Ponemon Institute’s small and medium size businesses report states that employee error is responsible for the most annual incidents that involve data loss in a small buiness. While these mistakes are usually unintentional, the fact remains that your staff is the most vulnerable part of your cybersecurity defenses.
Defensor tests your team and educates them to be vigilant. It helps them to understand the best practices for maintaining data security. Benefits include:
- Ongoing phishing simulations test and educate your staff
- Compliance with SEC, FINRA, HIPAA, and other regulations
- Easy-to-understand training courses and videos
- Training reports that show user progress—so accountability is clear
Intrusion Detection and Threat Prevention
Hackers work 24x7x365—so should your defenses. Keeping the bad guys out requires both diligence and an ever-evolving set of defenses.
Defensor monitors your network traffic for suspicious activity. It issues alerts when unusual activity is discovered. Defensor actively blocks the sources of attacks to keep your business safe.
- Advanced firewalls block unauthorized access to your network
- Sending an alarm to the administrator
- Blacklisting countries and other sources
- Killing suspicious connections
Defensor is the simple, affordable cyber security solution for small business.